Welcome to episode #48 of “Rewrite the Rules with Alex Starr” Podcast, available for free on iTunes or any podcast app, direct links and audio at the top of the page ↑
“It was 4am and I asked my best friend to help kill myself…I woke up the next afternoon and went to a rehab facility.”
Will Mouradian transformed substance abuse, violent trauma, and mental health problems into becoming a martial arts teacher, passionate writer and a loving husband. Hear why quitting the sauce and finding karate allowed him to cut through the bullshit and write his own definition of success.
“Once I started being sober and saw the emotional and physical benefits…that’s when the onset of clarity happened.”
Four tips from Will’s experience:
- Stay away from bars until you feel strong enough to be in that environment (may take up to 3 months depending on the person)
- Learn how to distinguish between your real friends and your drinking buddies
- Be ready for your group of friends to shift and
- Just because you stop drinking does not mean you are less of a shitty person. Now you must confront and change to become the person you want to be
Enjoy the podcast? Help spread that good word!
- Share on social media with the buttons on the top of the page
- Leave a review here and subscribe
- Tell your friends